What you'll need
- 4 Large Baked Potatoes
- 4 Bacon Rashers
- 70g Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon of Chopped Chives
- Salt & Pepper
Perfect for misty Autumn nights. When neighbours come a knocking for tricks, give them treats. Our Sweet & Sticky BBQ Sauce is everything a BBQ sauce should be. Sweet, thick and smoky. Perfect to use as an accompaniment, marinade or a dipping sauce. The Great Taste Award judges commented that it is: “A lighter-style barbecue sauce. Sweetness and smokiness are well-judged, and it has a rich, inviting colour. It lingers well on the palate. A welcome alternative to the over-punchy bbq sauces typically found on the market.”
- The Baked Potatoes can be done in advance, either cooked in the microwave or in the oven. Just pierce the skins and season with a little salt. For microwave cooking follow the manufacturer’s instructions as power levels do vary. To oven cook, we brush the skins as well with a little oil which gives a lovely crispy skin. Bake in a hot oven (around 180 C) for about 1 hour 20 mins until the potatoes are tender.
- Allow to cool and scoop out the potato flesh into a mixing bowl, keeping hold of the potato skins.
- Grill the bacon, allow to cool and chop into small dice.
- Add the bacon, half of the cheese, 2 tablespoons each of Stokes Sweet & Sticky BBQ Sauce & Real Mayonnaise, and the chopped chives. Mix well and season to your liking with a little salt and pepper.
- Fill the potato skins with the mix and place them on a baking tray. Sprinkle over the remainder of the cheese, and bake in a hot oven (around 200 C) for about 10 mins until golden.
- As always, enjoy!