Our Current Vacancies
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
We are looking to recruit a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer who is seeking to be part of a small team in a fast-growing business.
Working on a busy production line your role will be to ensure any breakdowns or downtime is kept to an absolute minimum. You will assist the Engineering Team Leader in managing the engineering workload to ensure optimum engineering performance.
General description of duties and responsibilities
• Fault Finding both electrically and mechanically.
• Liaising closely with appropriate staff and managers with special regard to unplanned production stoppage, due to breakdowns or unexpected line changes.
• Develop and carry out routine planned preventative maintenance, ensuring maintenance stock and spare parts are controlled and used in an effective manner.
• Assist in the installation of new machinery.
• Ensure all completed tasks adhere to health and safety, environmental and food safety regulations.
• Support continuous improvement
• Maintain services and fabrication of the factory.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Completed an Electrical engineering apprenticeship or have an electrical qualification to NVQ level 3 or above.
• Possess electrical and mechanical skills and have a good working knowledge of PLC’s.
• Previous Food Manufacturing experience would be an advantage but not essential.
• Self-motivated with excellent communication skills.
• Understand lock off systems.
• Working Hours – 40 hours per week on a rotating shift pattern, covering Monday – Friday 6 am – 6 pm, plus a rota for call-outs.
• Salary is £28K – £30K, 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays and a day’s holiday for your Birthday, Company Pension and Life Insurance.
Salary: £28,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year
• Company Pension
• Life Insurance
• On-site Parking
• 8 Hour Shift
COVID-19 considerations :To keep our staff safe, they are provided with the required protective clothing and hand sanitisation facilities throughout the site.
• electrical or mechanical: 1 year (Required)
• Woodbridge IP12 (Preferred)
Application Deadline: June 24, 2020APPLY BELOW
Join the team at Stokes!
Since 2004, we have worked with a rare passion, to refine the taste, texture, and quality of ketchups, sauces, condiments, preserves, and mayonnaise. We make all our of sauces at our ‘saucery’ on the Rendlesham Estate the heart of rural Suffolk. We now have a team of over 70, and In fact, some of us have been making sauce together for almost 20 years! There really has never been a more exciting team to join the ambitious Stokes team, with brand new factory equipment, enabling is to double our capacity, exciting new upcoming product launches and we are actively working in more sectors than ever before!
As a growing family-owned business with big ideas, we are looking for determined characters with a real ‘can do’ attitude. Whilst being passionate and enthusiastic about the work you do, a lot of the work we do involves working together with multiple teams and so you will also be friendly, an excellent communicator, and show integrity in the work you do.
How to apply
When job vacancies become available, we will post them on this page with a link to our recruitment system where you’ll receive further information on how to apply.