What you'll need
- 1x Sheet of Ready Rolled Short Crust Pastry
- 4 x Rashers of Bacon
- 1 x Medium Wedge of Brie
- Egg & Milk for glazing
These Brie & Bacon Mini Pasties add an awesome flavour-packed treat to a picnic. Our Chilli Jam is a delicious sticky jam for cheese that is just oozing with flavour from the sweet chilli peppers and red peppers. Particularly good with mature cheddars and soft bries.
The Great Taste judges commented ‘Enticing bright red appearance with chunks of peppers visible. It is warming, has a real chilli flavour without being overpowering, with the taste of the peppers coming through. Pleasing contrast between the chilli and the sweetness of the peppers.’
- Dice up the brie into small dice.
- Grill the bacon and once cool, chop into very small dice. Mix the brie and bacon with 3 tablespoons of the Chilli Jam.
- Cut the pastry into even size round discs and wet the edges with a little cold water. Spoon a little bit of the brie and bacon mix into the centre of each disc.
- Fold each in half so you end up with half-moon shaped pasties and pinch the edges together.
- Beat an egg together with a little milk and brush each pastie.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 180°C for around 10 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden.
- As always, enjoy!