What you'll need
- 150g Butter
- 300g Digestive Biscuits
- 700g Soft Cheese
- 170g Icing Sugar.
- 250ml Double Cream
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- Melt the butter and use a little to grease a 20cm springform tin. Line the base with a circle of greaseproof paper.
- Crumb the biscuits in a food processor, pouring on the melted butter. Put the biscuit mix into the tin, spreading evenly across the base and pack down with the end of a rolling pin. Put in the fridge to harden.
- Whisk the Cream Cheese with the icing sugar until thick. In a separate bowl pour in the cream. Split the Vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape the seeds out using the tip of a small knife and add to the cream. Whisk until thick and fold into the cream cheese.
- Evenly spread the mix into the mould, tapping down to release any air. Smooth the top over and chill overnight in the fridge.
- Once chilled, top with a good few tablespoons of Blackcurrant Jam and Blackcurrants. For a real indulgent treat, try adding a spoonful of jam to the Cheesecake mix.