What you'll need
- 500g Sausage Meat
- 2 Sheets Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
- 2 Free-Range Eggs
- Salt and Pepper
Ours is a scrumptious Sticky Pickle with our own unique blend of vegetables in a sweet and spicy sauce made with molasses and black treacle. Yum! Bring cold cuts to life with this, the Patron Saint of Pork Pies.
- Start by seasoning the sausage meat with salt and pepper and hard boil one of the eggs.
- Grease a pie dish and line with 1 sheet of the puff pastry, cutting away the edges.
- Fill the dish with half of the sausage meat, pressing down so there are no air gaps. Make a well in the centre and place a hardboiled egg in the well. Cover with the remaining sausage meat and finish with a layer of Stokes sticky pickle.
- Cover with the second sheet of puff pastry, trim the edges and pierce a couple of holes in the pastry to allow the steam to escape.
- Brush with beaten egg and bake at 190°C for 20-25 minutes until golden. Allow to cool slightly before removing from the dish.
- As always. Enjoy!