What you'll need
- 4 tablespoons Plain flour
- 3 tablespoons Cornflour
- 80ml Iced Soda Water
- 1 Egg
- Pinch of Salt
- Tempura batter is a light thin batter. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. The trick with tempura batter is that it doesn’t need a lot of mixing. Don’t worry if you have a few small lumps of flour in the mix, this is normal.
- Using ice cold soda water helps the batter stay very crisp. If the batter is too thick, just add a little more soda water.
- Dust the peeled King Prawns in flour and then dip in the batter, allowing any excess batter to run off.
- Deep fry the prawns in hot oil (180 Deg C) for 3-4 minutes until cooked through. Drain on kitchen towel and serve immediately with Stokes Sweet Chilli sauce!