What you'll need
- 2 nori seaweed sheets
- 300g Packet of Tofu
- Miso Paste
- 100g Plain Flour
- Vegetable Oil (for deep-frying)
- Salt & Pepper
- 150ml Soya Milk
1. Slice the block of Tofu into 4 equally-sized slices and press to remove the excess liquid. Cut each slice into 2 triangles and spread one side with miso paste.
2. Cover 1 side of each slice with a piece of nori seaweed (this gives a great umami flavour).
3. Make your batter by mixing the flour, sparkling water and a sprinkle of salt.
4. Dip the tofu triangles in the batter mix and fry on each side until golden.
5. Serve with your choice of fries, mushy peas, Stokes Mustard & Dill Sauce, a wedge of lemon.
6. As always, enjoy!