What you'll need
- 1 Large Cauliflower
- 150g Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 Free Range eggs
- 200 ml milk
- 2 teaspoons Black Onion Seeds ( Nigela seeds)
- Salt & Pepper
- Flour to dust
- Rapeseed oil
These golden florets of crusted cauliflower make a delicious starter with a salad garnish or hand them round when friends visit. Serve with our Habanero Chilli Mayonnaise – hot and spicy mayonnaise with fermented red habanero chilli and fragrant coriander for a real depth of flavour, all wrapped in velvet smooth mayonnaise.
- Break the Cauliflower into small florets, cutting any excess stalk away.
- Dust with flour. Mix the Panko Breadcrumbs with a little salt, pepper and the onion seeds.
- Mix together the milk and eggs and coat the dusted florets in the mix and then pass through the breadcrumbs so each floret is evenly coated in the breadcrumb mix.
- Fry the Cauliflower wings in oil until golden and transfer to a hot oven (180 deg C ) and bake for 10 -12 mins or until tender.