What you'll need
- 400g of Minced Beef
- 100g of Tomato Purée
- 2 Tins of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Chopped White Onion
- 1 Tin of Red Kidney Beans
- 1 Bottle of Real Ale
- ½ Tablespoon of Ground Cumin
- ½ Tablespoon of Chilli Powder
You can always add more chilli powder if you prefer a little extra heat!
- Fry off the minced beef and onion in a little vegetable oil until browned.
- Drain off any excess fat, then add the spices and tomato purée. Cook for 5 mins allowing the spices to infuse.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, kidney beans, the beer and a few generous glugs of our BBQ Sauce. Stir in well and season with a little salt & pepper.
- Simmer and stir for at least 40 mins on a low heat. Feel free to add a little water if the chilli becomes too thick.
- Serve with rice and tortilla chips or a jacket potato and as always, enjoy!