What you'll need
- 2 Burger Buns
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 4 Rashers of Smoked Bacon
- 125g Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 Eggs
- 200ml Milk
- Flour for dusting
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Salt & Pepper
- Fajita Seasoning
- ¼ Iceberg Lettuce
- 2 Slicing Tomatoes
This is another recipe where Resident Chef, Andy, shows us how to crisp up the chicken coating to a delicious crunch around a juicy chicken centre. Our Habanero Chilli Mayonnaise is a hot and spicy mayonnaise with fermented red habanero chilli and fragrant coriander for a real depth of flavour. All this wrapped in velvet-smooth mayonnaise.
- Cut each chicken breast in half lengthways from one edge so you have 2 evenly sized flat chicken escalopes (this will make it easier to coat in the breadcrumbs).
- Beat the eggs and milk together to make the egg wash. Coat the chicken escalopes with flour mixed with 1 to 2 tablespoons of fajita seasoning, then pass through the egg wash, and then into the breadcrumbs.
- Heat a frying pan with a splash of oil. Season the chicken escalopes and fry both sides until golden and transfer to a hot oven (180c) for 8-10 minutes until cooked through.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, finely shred the lettuce, slice the tomatoes and fry the bacon.
- Toast the burger buns and spread a generous layer of Stokes Habanero Chilli Mayonnaise on the base.
- Top with finely shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, a couple of chicken escalopes, a few rashers of bacon and the burger bun.