What you'll need
- 1 Packet Ready Rolled Filo Pastry Sheets
- 250g Soft Goats Cheese
- 4oz Butter
Filo Pastry can be fragile stuff, however, this simple recipe using our sweet Fig Relish makes it all worthwhile!
- When using the filo pastry, keep it covered with a damp tea towel to prevent it from drying out.
- Layout a sheet of filo pastry. Put a spoonful of goats cheese at the bottom of the sheet, in the centre. Add a dollop of Stokes Fig Relish. Brush the edges of the sheet with melted butter and fold the edges over by about 2cm on either side. Roll up the pastry to form the spring roll. The beauty of this recipe is you can make the spring rolls as big or small as you wish.
- Once made, the spring rolls can be deep-fried in hot oil (180c) or baked in a hot oven (180c) until golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before eating as the filling will be hot and liquid.
- Serve with a simple green salad and enjoy!