What you'll need
- WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW
- mixed salad with crisp lettuce
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Croutons, bought or home made
- Cooked NEW Jersey Royals, just in
- Spring onions, chopped
- NEW Season British Asparagus, blanched
This recipe and its video (below) is the inspiration of our Resident Chef, Andy, to use new season British asparagus and Jersey Royals in a fresh and truly British salad to help celebrate the BIG Day. Enjoy!
- Make a mixed salad with crisp lettuce
- Cut some baby plum vine tomatoes into halves or thirds
- Toast a handful of shop bought or homemade croutons
- Add a generous handful of cooked new Jersey Royal potatoes
- Chop a few crisp spring onions
- Blanch a bunch of new season BRITISH Asparagus, then plunge them into cold / ice water to stop them cooking but retain their vibrant colour, flavour and crunch
- And, finally, drizzle with Stokes Commemorative Coronation Sauce.