What you'll need
- 8 Butchers Sausages
- 2 tablespoons Panko Breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- 1 egg
- 1 leek, trimmed, & diced
- 2 carrots peeled & diced.
- 100g swede, peeled & diced
- 2 parsnips, peeled & diced.
- 1 white onion, peeled & diced
- 1 tin Haricot beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 tablespoons Red Onion Marmalade
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped.
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped.
- 1 ltr vegetable stock
A truly hearty supper to make the whole family smile and fill those empty tums after school.
- Remove the skin from the sausages and put the sausage meat in a bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs, paprika, egg, parsley and season with salt & pepper. Mix well & roll into 12 equal size balls.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and fry off the sausage dumplings until golden. Remove from the pan and keep to one side.
- Add the onion, leek, swede and carrots to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the haricot beans and vegetable stock and bring to the simmer.
- Add the sausage dumplings back into the pan and bring back to the simmer.
- Add the Red Onion Marmalade and chopped rosemary and continue cooking for 20-30 minutes until the dumplings are cooked through and the vegetables tender.