What you'll need
- 4 Clarence Court Burford Brown Eggs
- 40g crumbled feta cheese
- 4 smoked bacon rashers
- 500g jar chunky passata
- 40g semi dried smoked tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 sticks of celery
- 2 red peppers
- 2 red onions
- 1 shot vodka
- Fresh Coriander
- Olive Oil
An easy brunch, packed with a real punch, that will feed 4. The key to this tasty recipe is the delicious Clarence Court Eggs with the most golden yolks you’re likely to find!
1) Place a large, ovenproof frying pan on medium heat and add the olive oil. Once hot enough add the peppers, onion and celery, reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes or until softened but still with a little bite. Add the smoked tomatoes, passata, splash of water, 3tbsp Bloody Mary Ketchup and the shot of vodka. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat, season and simmer for 10 minutes.
2) Meanwhile pre-heat the oven to 180C fan/ 360f/ gas mark 6. Once cooked, make 4 indentations in the sauce and crack in the eggs. Cover the pan with foil and place in the oven to bake for 15 minutes or until the white and cook but the yolk is still runny.
3) In the meantime, fry the bacon until crispy and make the toast. When the eggs are cooked remove the pan from the oven and chop up the bacon and scatter over the baked eggs with the feta, reserved celery leaves and coriander leaves. Bring to the table and serve with toast.