What you'll need
- 2 white onions, peeled & chopped
- 200g Streaky Bacon lardons
- 1x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g tinned Cannellini beans, drained
- 3 tablespoons black treacle
- 100g Light Brown Sugar
- Olive Oil
Our Original BBQ Sauce is everything a BBQ sauce should be. Sweet, thick and smoky. Perfect to use as an accompaniment, marinade or a dipping sauce.
The Great Taste Award judges commented “A lighter-style barbecue sauce. Sweetness and smokiness are well-judged, and it has a rich, inviting colour. It lingers well on the palate. A welcome alternative to the over-punchy bbq sauces typically found on the market.”
If you like more of a chilli kick, try using our Hot & Spicy BBQ Sauce.
Watch the Video Recipe HERE, in which Andy (our Resident Chef) a special Autumn party BBQ Bacon & Beans.
- In a pan, heat a little oil and add the onion.
- Fry until onion until soft and add the bacon.
- Turn up the heat slightly, allowing the bacon to brown.
- Add the beans and sir in the chopped tomatoes, black treacle and the sugar.
- Bring to the simmer and a few generous dollops of Stokes Original BBQ Sauce and reduce until the sauce starts to thicken.
It’s deliciously warming, using simple ingredients as the video reveals. Watch the recipe unfold and enjoy making it yourself.