What you'll need
- 6 Medium Courgettes.
- 2 white onions peeled & diced.
- 8 Springs Fresh Thyme
- 2 Flat Mushrooms sliced.
- 2 Pints vegetable stock
- 200ml Double Cream
- 100g unsmoked bacon / Pancetta, diced (Optional)
- 150g Cheddar Cheese, grated.
- 4 Tablespoons Stokes Mint Sauce
- 50g Butter
If your courgettes are quick dark, remove the skin using a vegetable peeler as dark skin can cause the courgettes to become a little bitter. Our Mint Sauce made with sweet garden mint, white wine vinegar and unrefined raw cane sugar for simply delicious twist on the classic.
- Cut the ends of the Courgettes and cut the courgettes into about 1cm dice.
- Heat the butter in a deep saucepan and once melted, add the onion and bacon and cook for about 5 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the courgettes, mushroom & thyme and cook over a low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. This will allow any excess water to be cooked out of the courgettes.
- Once cooked down, add the stock and bring to a simmer. Season with salt & pepper and simmer for 20 minutes until the courgettes have softened. Add the cheese and stir in until melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the double cream.
- Transfer the soup to a food blender and blend until smooth. (You may need to do this is a couple of batches.
- Once blended smooth, check the seasoning and stir in Stokes Mint sauce to finish. If the soup is a little thick, don’t worry. Just let it down with a little more stock.
- Serve immediately with warm crusty bread.