What you'll need
- 4 Chicken Breasts.
- 1 Medium pumpkin.
- 3 Onions peeled and sliced.
- 130g Diced chorizo.
- 1x 400g tins haricot beans drained.
- 450ml Chicken stock.
- 6 Sprigs fresh Rosemary.
- 6 Sprigs fresh Thyme
- 250ml Dark Ale
- 4 Tablespoons Stokes Red Onion marmalade.
- Rapeseed Oil.
Our Red Onion Marmalade is a red onion relish made with sticky black treacle and rich balsamic vinegar. Full flavoured with a delicious sweet sauce. It really helps onions caramelise in the pot. The Great Taste judges commented “A clever twist on a classic condiment. Good soft onions and the balance between the balsamic and treacle was liked by the judges.”
- Cut the pumpkin in half and remove all the seeds. Cut into quarters and carefully cut off the skin. Cut into 1cm cubes and set aside.
- Heat a deep frying pan and add a splash of rapeseed oil. Once hot, add the sliced onions and thyme. Cook until golden brown and softened.
- Add the Chorizo and cook for a few minutes.
- Next add the diced pumpkin and cook until it starts to colour slightly.
- Add the chicken breasts to the pan. Season the chicken with a little salt & pepper and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Add the ale and reduce by half.
- Finally add the rosemary sprigs, haricot beans and chicken stock and stir in gently. Finish with the Red Onion Marmalade.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the pumpkin tender.