What you'll need
- 3 Courgettes cut into small dice
- 1 Aubergine cut into small dice
- 100g Baby Spinach
- 15g Fresh Coriander chopped.
- 1 400g Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Red Pepper cut into small dice
- 300g Plain Flour
- 120g Chilled Butter cut into rough chunks
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 6 Medium Tomatoes
- 1 Red Onion Peeled & thinly sliced
Our Hot & Spicy BBQ Sauce is sweet, smoke flavoured chilli BBQ sauce. Heat develops as an after flavour from the flecks of chilli seeds. Makes a fantastic marinade for chicken and pork, and gives a spicy kick to a traditional hunters chicken.
- In a deep saucepan, heat the vegetable oil and add the Courgettes, Aubergine and Red Pepper.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes until the vegetables start to soften. Add the chopped tomatoes and baby spinach and cook until the spinach has wilted. Season with salt & Pepper, fresh coriander and Stokes Hot & Spicy BBQ sauce. Set aside.
- For the pastry, in a food processor, mix the flour, butter and salt together until it has a texture like breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolks and add the water a little at a time until the pastry starts to bind. If it’s a little dry add a little more water.
- Knead the dough a few times and wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, cut the dough in half and roll out into 2 even pieces. Cut 4 even circles from each piece and put a generous amount of filling in the centre of each circle. Brush the edges with cold water and fold over to form a semi-circle shaped pastie.
- Brush each pastie with egg wash and air fry for about 8 minutes until golden.
- For the Salsa chop the tomatoes into rough dice. Mix with the sliced Red Onion, Olive oil and seasoning.
- Serve immediately with the Salsa and a dollop of Stokes Hot & Spicy BBQ Sauce.
Total Cost £6.85. £0.85p per portion.