What you'll need
- 500g British minced beef
- 1 tin red kidney beans drained
- 1 x 415g tin baked beans.
- 2x 400g tins chopped tomatoes.
- 50g Tomato Puree
- 2 white onions peeled & diced.
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons gravy powder
- 3 tablespoons Stokes Chilli Jam
- (and / or Stokes Habanero Chilli Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander chopped.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a heavy pan and add the diced onion.
- Fry until soft and add the minced beef. Cook on high for about 5 minutes until it starts to brown and then add the tomato puree and chilli powder. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add the red kidney beans, baked beans and chopped tomatoes.
- Mix well and then half fill one of the empty chopped tomato tins with water and add to the chilli.
- Bring to the simmer and add the gravy powder. Stir well.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes and stir in the Chilli Jam and fresh coriander.
- Serve immediately with rice, sour cream and grated cheese.