5 tasty tips for Tomato Ketchup
Stokes Tomato Ketchup is very special. We would say that wouldn’t we. But it’s not just us that think so, which is why it wins awards.
Our tomatoes are grown by a number of carefully selected farmers on the sun drenched foothills of southern Italy.
They are plump, sweet and juicy and we use lots of them, in fact a full 200g are simmered gently to satisfy the natural flavours of 100g of Stokes Award-Winning Tomato Ketchup.
- Fry up leftover veg, add cannellini beans, loads of ketchup and a little chicken stock for an instantly delicious stew – great with pork chops.
- Stir into a bolognaise sauce for extra tomato flavour!
- Add a dash of white wine vinegar, oil and Worcestershire sauce to Ketchup for a saucy salad dressing.
- Add chopped peppers, onion and garlic to ketchup for a delicious burger relish!
- Stir into soups and stews as a rich, tomatoey base…
5 ways to use Stokes Chilli Jam
Our Chilli Jam is a delicious sticky jam for cheese (and so much more) that is just oozing with flavour from the sweet chilli peppers and red peppers. It’s particularly good with mature cheddars and soft bries.
- Add a dollop to your gravy for a spicy kick! We do this all the time.
- Round off your chilli con carne or bolognaise with a spoonful.
- Stir into your summer pasta sauces for a sweet, warm flavour.
- Brush over roasting pork for the last 30 minutes for a sweet and spicy glaze!
- Spice up your chocolate cake mix by adding a spoonful before cooking. It’s wonderful in a chocolate mousse too.
5 tips for our Jams, Marmalade & Curd
In the Old Stables at Rendlesham, knowing eyes watch over slow cooking blackcurrants as they simmer, waiting for that very fine line between ‘perfect’ and ‘oops’.
Not only do we cram more fruit into our preserves, we use the best ingredients we can find.
We go to uncompromising lengths to make sure the blackcurrants we use have that signature juicy sweet/tart flavour; the raspberries are rich, sweet and luscious; and the strawberries have succulent keynotes of Wimbledon.
- Spoon it generously into your apple pie mixture for further depth of flavour.
- Add a dollop to your crumble filling.
- Pop a spoonful in your smoothie for a berry burst!
- Warm a couple of tablespoons of Seville Orange Marmalade to drizzle onto sausages for a sticky glaze.
- Stir into your favourite yoghurt for extra fruity flavour!
Shop Safe : Stay Safe
Whether a supermarket, farm shop or home delivery – please shop safely. The guidelines are straight forward:
1. Only if you need to;
2. Keep your distance;
3. WASH YOUR HANDS.
Delivered safely to your door – HERE