What you'll need
- 200g Woodland mushroom mix.
- 270g Filo Pastry
- 150g Diced Pancetta
- 100g Gruyere Cheese grated.
- 1 Shallot peeled and diced.
- 300 ml Chicken stock
- 100g Cavolo Nero shredded.
- 2 Teaspoons Stokes Dijon Mustard.
- 10g Chopped fresh Parsley.
- 1x 400g can Haricot Beans drained.
- 2 Tablespoons Rapeseed Oil.
- 25g Melted Butter.
A hearty and warming dish, however the filo pastry gives the dish a lighter feel.
- Heat a deep saucepan with the oil. Add the shallot and fry until soft. Add the pancetta and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, haricot beans and chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Stir in the gruyere cheese, parsley and the Dijon Mustard.
- Season if necessary, with a little salt and pepper.
- Finally add the cavolo nero cabbage. Reduce until the mix starts to thicken.
- Put the mix to one side and allow to cool.
- Layout the Filo pastry and cover with a damp cloth (This will prevent the pastry from drying out whilst you work with it)
- For each strudel, take a layer of Filo pastry and brush with butter. Add another sheet and again brush with butter. Add a final sheet of pastry on top.
- Brush a shallow round baking dish with butter and lay the filo pastry over the dish, pressing down gently so the pastry lines the dish, leaving the edges overlapping.
- Fill each strudel with the mix and then bringing in the edges scrunch the filo pastry together, covering the mix.
- Brush each strudel with butter and bake at 180°c for 10-12 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden.