What you'll need
- 2 Medium Onion
- 100g Gram Flour
- 1/2 tsp of Nigella Seeds
- 1/2 tsp of Coriander Seeds
- 1/2 tsp of Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp of Chilli Powder
- A pinch of Salt
- 1/2 tsp of Turmeric
- Fresh Coriander Chopped 2 x tbsp
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
- Spray Oil ot Vegetable oil
TO AIR FRY OR, TO DEEP FRY?
These can be deep fried, cooked in the oven, or Air Fried. This recipe video shows them deep fried and also gives the Air Fryer alternative for an equally crispy finish. Served with our Spiced Mango Chutney
- Slice your onions finely
- In a large bowl, mix your gram flour, all the spices, and the chopped coriander until well combined
- Add the baking powder and mix
- Now the onion slices and guess what, yes, mix well again to cover the slices totally
- Add a splash of water (you don’t want too wet a mix, so be careful)
- To Air Fry Place the balls in the air fryer, spray with oil spray and then cook for 10 – 12 minutes (according to size) at 180°C
- After 12 minutes increase the temperature to 200°C and cook for a further 3 or 4 minutes.
- To Deep Fry Drop into hot oil at 180° and cook for 10 – 15 minutes (depending on the size), flipping over halfway through.
- Transfer to a piece of kitchen paper and allow to cool a little before serving.