What you'll need
- 6 Chicken thigh fillets, skinless and boneless.
- 4 Flour Tortillas.
- 3 Tomatoes deseeded and diced.
- 1 Avocado, diced.
- 60g Grated mozzarella.
- 125 ml Sour cream.
- 5g Chopped fresh coriander.
- 150ml Stokes Sweet Chilli sauce.
- 100 ml Vegetable Oil.
- 25g Butter.
I use small plastic squeezy bottles in our kitchen. They are readily available online and great for drizzling dips and sauces to give you a “restaurant-style” finish!
- Cut the tortillas 4 times into equal size triangles.
- Heat the butter in a heavy frying pan, season the chicken and add to the pan.
- Cook the chicken for 15 minutes until golden, turning occasionally and the juices run clear. Baste with half with the sweet chilli sauce and keep warm.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep saucepan and fry the tortillas. I find the best way to do this is to test the oil with one of the tortilla wedges, it will fry gently when the oil is hot enough. Cook the tortillas in small batches to ensure they stay crisp and cook evenly.
- When all the tortillas are cooked, drain on kitchen paper and transfer to a heat proof dish. Sprinkle over the mozzarella and melt under the grill for a few minutes. (This stage can also be done in the microwave for 30 seconds)
- Slice the chicken and sprinkle over the nachos and then garnish with the diced tomato, avocado and drizzle over the sour cream.
- Finally finish with a drizzle of the remaining Stokes Sweet Chilli Sauce and a sprinkle of fresh coriander.