What you'll need
Case 6x 250g
Add Selected Products
From your local shop
- 1 Large Pumpkin
- 4 Ciabatta Rolls
- 4 Slices of Violife Vegan Cheese
- 2 Plum Tomatoes
- 2 Baby Gem Lettuces
- Spices, Salt & Pepper
- Vegetable Oil for frying
Any leftover trimmings are perfect for a pumpkin soup!
- Trim up your Pumpkin pieces so that you have a couple of square-shaped pumpkin “patties”. Don’t worry, any leftover trimmings are perfect for pumpkin soup!
- Heat a frying pan with a little oil and fry the pumpkin patties until golden on both sides. Add a sprinkle of sea salt and about a teaspoon of whole spices – we tend to use a mix of coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and nigella seeds. If you prefer, you can crush them up in a pestle and mortar.
- Fry for another 2 minutes, releasing the oils in the seeds for a great flavour, and then bake in the oven at 180 deg C for about 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Whilst they’re cooking, take your ciabatta rolls and spread a little Stokes Chilli Jam on the base. Add a layer of baby gem lettuce, a few slices of tomato, and a slice of vegan cheese (We use Violife).
- Add the spiced pumpkin pieces on top, another spoonful of Stokes Chilli Jam and then close with the ciabatta roll lid. We enjoyed our burger with spicy potato wedges!
- As always, enjoy!