What you'll need
- Potatoes (200g)
- Salmon (220g)
- Chopped Fresh Chives (2 tbsp)
- Chopped Fresh Parsley (2 tbsp)
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Free-Range Egg
By adding a glug or two of our Bloody Mary ketchup to the Fishcake mix, it adds a warm, sweet tomato flavour bringing out the best in the Salmon.
1) Boil the potatoes in salted water until cooked (approx. 20 minutes), then mash with a fork and set aside to cool.
2) Place the salmon in tin foil on a baking tray, season with lemon zest, a squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper, wrap the fish up to steam for 15 mins or until cooked and flaking.
3) In a bowl, add the cooked salmon, mashed potato, parsley, chives, a large spoonful each of Stokes Creamed Horseradish Sauce and Bloody Mary Ketchup, a squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper, and gently mix together.
4) Flour your hands and shape the mixture into either small or large patties on to a plate, dust each side with flour, and place in the fridge for an hour to set.
5) Heat oil in a pan and fry each side of the fishcakes on a medium heat until golden brown.
6) Serve with a potato salad, a green salad topped with Stokes Mango & Orange Dressing, and a generous spoonful of Stokes Tartare Sauce for the fishcakes.
- Potato salad
1) Boil new potatoes in salted water for 20 mins, or until cooked, drain and cool.
2) Cut the potatoes into small chunks, place into a mixing bowl and add Stokes Mayonnaise and Mustard to taste. Then mix together along with some fresh parsley before seasoning with salt and pepper.