What you'll need
- 1 tin haricot beans (drained)
- 2 rashers of bacon
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped.
- torn 'frizzy' edges of kale
- 1 medium potato peeled and chopped.
- 75g orzo pasta
- 200ml vegetable stock
- Grated Parmesan
Our NEW EASY Pomodoro ‘Meal-Making’ Sauce is a delicious combination of juicy sun-ripened tomatoes, garlic, Cretan Koroneiki extra virgin olive oil and Herbes de Provence. It is perfect with pasta and wonderful as a base for your favourite pizza. Here, it adds true Mediterranean depth of flavour to this hearty Springtime soup. Read more about our new EASY range HERE.
- Chop the vegetables and bacon into 1 cm pieces.
- Heat a few splashes of olive oil in a deep pan and add vegetables. Fry for 5 minutes on a medium heat and then add the bacon and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the pasta and vegetable stock and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add the Stokes EASY Pomodoro Sauce to the simmering pasta pan, adding a little extra water if too thick. Stir in the haricot beans and simmer for a further 5 minutes.