Spiced Pumpkin Cheeseburgers
This is a relatively simple but seriously tasty vegetarian / vegan burger created by our resident chef, Andy.
Peel a pumpkin, remove the pith and carve the flesh into the shape of burgers or patties. Fry these until golden brown on both sides then coat them in a spicy combination of coriander, cumin, fennel and nigella seeds – whole or roughly crushed. Fry the burgers to release the spiced oils then bake in a medium oven for 20 minutes.
While they’re cooking, take your ciabatta rolls and spread a little Chilli Jam on the base. Add a layer of baby gem lettuce, a few slices of tomato, and a slice of vegan cheese (we use Violife).
For the full, delicious recipe and ingredients, visit the recipes page – HERE.
You can see where we’re going here, with jolly pepper heads carrying all manner of dippable vegetables.
For the dips: Put a few spoonfuls of Stokes Real Mayonnaise in a bowl and – just add:
- Add our Cranberry Sauce to enhance the sweetness of red peppers.
- Add Tomato Ketchup and Chilli Jam to bite back at a crunchy carrot.
- Add Creamed Horseradish bringing velvety warmth to your crudité dips.
- Add Coronation Sauce, crème fraîche and chopped tarragon for pure ‘wow’.
- Add Cider & Horseradish Mustard to drive your courgette wild.
- Add finely diced crisp-cooked smoked bacon and chives for delicious ‘baconaise’.
You’ll find everything you need in The Shop – HERE.
The shrill cries from the kitchen are not for the severance of fingers but the horror of hot dog sausages in buns spread with Stokes Classic English Mustard, flaked almond finger nails and a good squirt of our Squeezable Tomato Ketchup for their blood red finish.
Or the magical sausage mummies rolled in one of our Marvellous Mustards, wrapped in pastry bandages with peppercorn or mustard seed eyes, painted with a beaten egg and baked until golden brown.
Ordered, Delivered, Enjoyed
Enjoy the Taste of Stokes
– delivered safely to your door – SHOP HERE.