Early Years - Wheel Sarnies
An assortment of sandwich wheels for the homecomings is guaranteed to be well received.
Cut the crusts of several slices of white bread and roll each out a little with a rolling pin. Spread or load your fillings and roll the bread tightly. Wrap them in cling film and put them in the fridge until you need them. Unwrap, slice into ‘wheels’ and pile your collection on a plate. Get ready.
Prepare the fillings:
- Tuna mixed with Real Mayonnaise, finely chopped chives and Red Onion Marmalade. Spread the tuna mayo first, then some onion marmalade and roll.
- Try salami salad. Spread the bread with Real Mayonnaise, layer with salami and finish with salad. Roll and you’re ready.
- Grated Red Leicester cheese with our Sticky Pickle. Roll, wrap, chill, unwrap, slice and stand back.
- And the simplest of all? One of our fruity Extra Jams or thick, rich Lemon Curd.
GCSE French- Les Croissants
A tasty filling doesn’t always need to sit between two pieces of bread. There are so many content / wrap combinations to enjoy.
Alternatively, for the more mature palate you could use our Garlic Mayonnaise. It has creamy aioli authenticity that’s perfect with prawns. Instead of diced cucumber, slice a red pepper and perhaps even a red chilli.
This would be delicious in a buttery croissant or sweet brioche bun too.
The Post-Hockey Wrap
It’s the onions that are truly special in this one. The beef can be slices of leftover Sunday Lunch or get some juicy slices from the deli counter.
There’s all sorts we can do with the onions though. Slice lots and gently fry them in butter or oil (or both) to caramelise them. Add 3 tbsp of Stokes Red Onion Marmalade. The sweet onion reduction will help the caramelisation of the onions.
For further sweet notes and Persian spices add 1 or 2 tbsp of Brown Sauce. If you prefer a smoky finish with warming chilli notes, add Chipotle Ketchup instead of the Brown Sauce. That said, it’s hard to beat our thick Tomato or Bloody Mary Ketchup – yum.
For a sweet, smoky hint of BBQ, use our Original BBQ Sauce to taste.
Prepare the wraps with cold beef and garnish, keeping the onions warm on the stove. As the boots, sticks and bags hit the floor, spoon the onions into the beef and wrap.
Ordered, Delivered, Enjoyed
Enjoy the Taste of Stokes
– delivered safely to your door – SHOP HERE.