Stokes Recipes & Tips
Creamed Horseradish Champ Potaotes
30 - 40 mins
What you'll need
• 150ml/¼ pint full-fat milk
• 900g mashing potatoes, such as King Edward or Maris Piper
• 85-100g/3-4oz butter
Steps to take
- Put the spring onions and milk in a small pan and heat to boiling. Take off the heat and leave to infuse.
- Boil whole potatoes in their skins for 30-40 mins, or until tender (timing depends on their size). Drain and peel off the skins. Put the potatoes back in the pan, cover and gently heat for a min or two.
- Remove from the heat and mash the potatoes with the butter until no lumps are left. Reheat the milk and the spring onions, then gradually beat this into the potatoes, mixing well with a wooden spoon to make the potatoes fluffy. Add the creamed horseradish & season well with ground white pepper, salt & fresh grated nutmeg.
Add an extra little bit of butter before serving.. really delicious!
Join our newsletter for latest offers, competitions, recipes & give aways.